Galaxy S7 Active -- I have some "notes" information in my phone contacts. I want to back up all of the contacts including this information to the computer. A text file would be fine. I see there are apps to download contacts and would appreciate advice.

I would also like to back up the contacts as a file I can re-load on this or another phone if needed. I tried exporting them from Google (contacts are synced to Gmail) to an Excel file and many of the phone numbers looked like this: 2.81E+09.

Thank you for your help!
    03-10-2018 05:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which account are the contacts stored to? If it's your Google account, that information should already be in your Google Contacts in the cloud -- go to contacts.google.com on your computer to see.

If the contacts are saved to the local Phone account or the Samsung account, then open the Contacts app, tap Menu>Export, and export them to a .csv file.

In the Excel file, change the column format for the phone numbers to Text -- otherwise, it will treat the numbers like an equation.
    hallux likes this.
    03-10-2018 06:12 PM