Hi everyone,

I'd like to know how you guys organize your photos, and if what I want to achieve is even possible on Android.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to put my photos into different albums so I can find them easily. And I'd like to view these photos in their respective albums in whichever device I'm on (whether Android or on my Mac).

Right now, I use Google Drive to sync to my Google Photos folder on my phone so that I can view the photos on my Mac. However, the photos are scattered everywhere and they're not in an album, so it's nearly impossible to find that photo.

Has anyone been able to achieve this on their Android device? I'd like to continue using Google Drive to sync between my devices, including my photos.
    03-10-2018 05:38 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I upload all of my photos to Google Photos. Then I go to the Google Photos site and create albums to organize photos into. (You can also create and organize albums on the app, but I find it easier to do on a laptop/desktop.) You can then see all of the albums easily on any device that is logged into the same Google account.

If you have trouble finding a photo, remember that Google Photos search is very powerful. For example, if there's a photo of your kid in a playground that you can't find, just enter "playground" in the search box.
    03-10-2018 06:01 PM
    I don't use my phone's camera as much as I expected to. Probably due to my DSLRs.

My computer contains all the master photos regardless of which camera/device took the picture. These get backed up to wherever.

The processed photos are organized by folders/albums on the hard drives.
    Some folders are copied to the phone(s).

Because of my existing system, I do not use Google Photos, yet.
    03-10-2018 11:38 PM