I have a brand new Galaxy S8, but I do have some issues with some characters, mainly with the letter “Ñ”.

I put up some music albums on my phone the other day and when I checked them on the Music app, it turns out that one of the albums was duplicated. One had the normal letter “ñ”, but the other showed “ń” instead.

It doesn’t only happen with the title, but with the artist name and some song titles too. All showing the “ń” character.

Is there a way to solve this problem once and for all? I’v been dragging this issue since my previous phone, a Galaxy S5.

Thanks in advance
    03-11-2018 12:26 PM
    I’v been dragging this issue since my previous phone, a Galaxy S5.
    So it's in the meta-data stored with the music files. That's the non-audio info in the files that gives titles, albums, album art, genre, etc info to the player (whatever program/app is opening the file to play the audio).

This data is called the id3 tag. Once you get bad id3 tags it can drive you nuts. Had it happen to me once.

I assume you have the music on PC/Mac as well? If not get it on there and then strip the id3 tags out. https://www.bing.com/search?q=strip+...FORM=QBLH&sp=1

Open a reputable player like Windows Media Player or whatever you favorite is and let that repopulate the id3 tags.

Then move the music back to the phone (after deleting the corrupted versions if you have not already done so).

Here is a bit more on Ń/ń: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%83

Somewhere along the way an app or program indexed your id3 tags against a database that used that character.
    03-11-2018 01:00 PM
    There are apps that will edit the ID3 tags right on the phone - like iTag - Music Tag Editor.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-11-2018 02:29 PM
    There are apps that will edit the ID3 tags right on the phone - like iTag - Music Tag Editor.
    Does that involve manual editing? Depending on how many songs have corrupted id3 tags that can be frustrating.

Otherwise, good call.
    03-11-2018 02:36 PM