Galaxy S9+ Fingerprint scanner not working

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have got my S9+ for a week now and over the past 3 days I am having an issue with the fingerprint scanner. When unlocking the device I get a message saying "The fingerprint scanner is not responding. Try again later."
When I go into setting and go to fingerprint settings I a message saying "An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device."
This has happened many times ove the past 3 days. On other forums I see people are restoring phone to factory settings and so on. Is there any other quick fix without losing data?

132rte4r6t2ert4e3

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
I have got my S9+ for a week now and over the past 3 days I am having an issue with the fingerprint scanner. When unlocking the device I get a message saying "The fingerprint scanner is not responding. Try again later."
When I go into setting and go to fingerprint settings I a message saying "An error has occurred with the fingerprint sensor. If this message appears repeatedly, restart your device."
This has happened many times ove the past 3 days. On other forums I see people are restoring phone to factory settings and so on. Is there any other quick fix without losing data?

I have been facing the same issue.

132rte4r6t2ert4e3

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
There are some ways to test and see if there is any apps causing the sensor to stop working.

-Go to Samsung members apps
-Select Diagnostics
-Test Hardware
-Select Fingerprints
-Test it (While you are facing the issue)

If the issue precedes then you have to visit the nearest customer service center.

Skalp

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
After I got the same issue, I read from another forum about the same issue with S8. With S8, the problem was with fingerprint gestures. I turned mine off and like that forum said, my problem was fixed instantly.
Samsung members diagnostics didnt do anything - told to put my finger on the sensor, which obviusly didnt do anything as the sensor wasnt working. I submitted a ticket to Samsung tho.

Skalp

Mar 12, 2018
Visit site
I just got an e-mail from Samsung stating the same: Samsung is aware that the fingerprint sensor isnt working as intended, but this is a software error and they hope to get it fixed with next software update. To fix the current error, they suggest on turning the fingerprinting gestures off and restart the phone.
So far, after turning off FP gestures, it has been working fine for me. I dont hold any grude against Samsung for this - **** happens...

shab85

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
I've go the same issue. Just had a chat with someone from Samsung using the live chat feature in Members app. She called me on my phone and collected my reg no and IMEI no and said they will deal with it.

Jayesh Patel6

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
I've also been having this issue s9± with gestures enabled. Samsung support said return the phone but I think it may be software related. Will wait for a software update before I return it. "Fingerprint sensor is not responding try again later"

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay