Something started happening recently when I play music using any of my music apps, the track continues to run but there is no sound on the earphones or the speakers. When I press on a different part of the track on the slider, I get a blip of sound from whatever track is playing, just for a quick fraction of a second and then it is all silent again.

Sometimes when I turn off the screen it starts playing. Other times it does not. Sometimes I just give up and put the phone in my pocket then a few minutes later the sound will start playing again.

All this time, when I watch a video or play a game, there is sound, just nothing at all from the audio players. I've tried different ones, I'm currently using Black Player and Pulsar apps for audio. This also happened with my previous players that I have since deleted.

I'm using a Samsung C5 pro which I updated to nougat last month. Problems have only started recently but I can't be sure it's related to the update or not.
    03-12-2018 06:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this persist after a reboot? Or after a cache partition wipe? SAMSUNG Galaxy C5 Pro - Recovery Mode - HardReset.info

Also, see if the problem persists in Safe Mode: https://allmyphones.com/how-to-enter...galaxy-c5-pro/
    03-12-2018 08:32 PM