I have a Lenovo A536, with Android 4.4.2.

It is a bit long to explain, so sorry about it, please bear with me.

The origin of the problem (I belive) that roughly half year ago my phone fallen into water. I took it out instantly, took it apart and dried it as much as I could (I used a hair dryer to hel pthe process). The next day it was dry, and i managed to turn it on, everything worked fine. Water even got into the camera, but it actually worked perfectly fine, the image quality was ok, i saw no problem.

A week ago or so, I wanted to switch to my front camera, and at that moment, the camera app frozen, and it didn't respond to anything. So i restarted the phone. Since than when I open the app, I see all black screen, except a few buttons, but those dont work either.

My idea is that my front camera is broken, and the app remebered that i switched to it, so when i start the app it automatically uses the front camera, thus the thing doesn't work.

So I tried to find the app on the app list, and reset it or something, but it was not there on the "all app" list ( it isn't on the disabled app list either).

So my exact question would be that, is it possible that the default camera app is missing from the app list, and is there any way to reset it from the outside?

Sidenote: the back camera DOES work, because my QR code reader is working normally. Also, yes I tohught of doing the factory reset from settings, that is possibly a viable solution ,but i would really like to avoid the hassle of reinstalling everything, plus i might lose some important file or something like that.
    03-12-2018 01:19 PM
    Google secret codes for that device and get into service mode. There you can check the camera hardware. If that's OK, then it will be software issue...
    03-12-2018 01:23 PM
    When you dried the phone you removed the water, but not all the impurities that were in the water - they stayed in the phone. Now things are starting to fail, one by one. Eventually everything will fail. Replacing everything will cost more than a new phone (it will probably cost more than 2 new phones), so the cheapest fix is to buy a new phone. (Copy any important data to your PC or a cloud account [or both] now, while the phone still works.)

Read this article to see what to do the next time you get a phone wet.
    03-12-2018 01:39 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I found the code for service mode, I enter the code but nothing pops up (it does recognise it as a code, because it disappears after i enter the last character). I tested other codes, some of them work, but some don't.
    03-12-2018 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the article. Probably you are right, its quite certain the water was what messed things up, and it maybe gets worse with time. Actually it was a pretty lucky situation, since the phone was in a case and it also had an extra back protector thing, plus i got it out quickly, so it was not too probalematic. The only thing about it, is that it was really, perfectly fine until this situation, no sign of any other problem, which was not present before the accident. Thats why i thought that the phone was pretty much allright. So right now I just wait and see if anything else goes wrong, can't do much else.
    Certainly not going to replace anything in it, I got it pretty cheaply some years ago, the reapirs would certainly cost more. So I just see how long will it work, and buy a new one after.

Thanks for the reply and the info.
    03-12-2018 02:47 PM
    When in the app manager, do you have the option to select to view system apps? My camera app is listed with the regular apps, but it may be possible other manufacturers have them installed as system apps. You may also want to go through the entire app list, not just checking the C's for "camera." It could be labeled something else like "Lenovo Camera" (this is just a hypothetical guess for illustration purposes), putting it down in the L's.
    03-12-2018 03:12 PM