First I found this couples wedding website by searching their name on google and the link gave me a password protected wedding website and I was able to click cache on the page, then a month later a couple days ago I search and all I find for their website is no information is available for this page. Why is this. Then today I google it and it doesn't even come up at all. Do you think they had the settings as public or password protected but still searchable at first but then changed it? And why did it first say no information is available and now nothing comes up? And now I see the search result again saying no info available. Did they change it to searchable again? Why does it come up now but say no info available? Do you think they password protected it at all because of me? And it was my understanding that if you password protect a wedding website or any website it wont come up in google search. Why does it still come up in google search but say no info available?
    03-12-2018 06:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't think it's unusual at all to password-protect a website with wedding photos and information. It's pretty private stuff, and not everyone wants to share their entire lives on the web with every single soul on Earth. It's also possible that that they've taken down the site, if some time has passed since the wedding happened. If you're wondering what's going on, why not simply email or call the couple and ask them?
    03-12-2018 07:10 PM
    ...not everyone wants to share their entire lives on the web with every single soul on Earth...
    Yes, please. I'll have more of that thank you very much.

Why would you password protect your wedding website?-gif-glad-joy-thumbs-up-happy-jeremy-clarkson-gif.gif
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-12-2018 07:53 PM
    1. Any site will eventually come up in a search unless it specifically prohibits that search engine from searching it (and the search engine respects the robots.txt file on the site).

2. Why would anyone password protect any site? As B. Diddy said, ask them. I've put up sites to experiment on, and they were password protected, sometimes until I took them down, sometimes until I got them working. I don't like airing my dirty laundry in public. (I even have a few sites up that aren't what they claim to be. Why bother getting a new URL when the site is only for my own use, even if I change what's there?)

3. There are more sites that are abandoned than are in existence at any given moment. (Back in the day that URLs were free, we'd start a few sites a day for different things, then forget about them. It was like making a temp directory on a hard drive. When you no longer need it, you just stop using it. Eventually the URL is dropped by the authority, so the address becomes available again.)
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    03-13-2018 01:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I don't think it's unusual at all to password-protect a website with wedding photos and information. It's pretty private stuff, and not everyone wants to share their entire lives on the web with every single soul on Earth. It's also possible that that they've taken down the site, if some time has passed since the wedding happened. If you're wondering what's going on, why not simply email or call the couple and ask them?
    Another possibility for weddings is this may have been set up by the photographer as a temporary album. It's common for photographers to do this and password protect it, then only give out the password to the wedding party/guests. The people allowed access can then log in and use the site to select and order their prints they wish to buy. Once the allotted time passes or everyone has made their purchases, the photographer can then lock down and even remove the gallery. These services basically act like a digital proof viewing and are handy when the people ordering are not local to you.
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    03-13-2018 01:44 PM
    3. There are more sites that are abandoned than are in existence at any given moment.
    Behold, Space Jam: https://www.warnerbros.com/archive/s.../movie/jam.htm
    03-13-2018 06:41 PM