Why Is my S8's battery draining much faster than it used to?

Daniel Rogers4

Mar 13, 2018
Visit site
I've had my S8 for a little over a month and at first my battery life was amazing. It would last an entire day (about 20 hours on max charge with regular usage). Then about a week ago, I started getting **** poor battery life. Instead of lasting the usual 20, it's now starting to get low at 6 and a half hours, plus it has also been unusually hotter than normal (Same usage as before). I was unsure what is causing it so I decided to download two battery monitors (Gsam and Accubattery) and according to Accubattery my phone is discharging more battery with my screen off than when my screen is on, how does that work? Do I have a virus, or is there app running in the background I don't know about. I'll also be happy to provide pictures below of Gsam and Accubattery if that helps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
20 hours a day - so how far down were you draining the battery? 10%? Less? That can kill a battery in a month. Lithium batteries are not deep discharge batteries. Try to keep them between 40% and 80%. (Fully charging them shortens their lives too.) You might need a new battery - and with a sealed phone, it's no longer a $10 purchase.