My wife and I like to share our google accounts with each other, but her contacts ended up on my S8+. I know I can only show my specific contacts, but can I safely delete her contacts from my phone without effecting her contacts on her Google account?
    03-13-2018 09:21 AM
    Turn off the contact sync for that account. Settings > Accounts > her account Disable contact sync.

You could also leave the contacts synced and choose to only show contacts from your account in the Contacts app (if it supports it - the Google one does). In the Contacts app - slide the menu in from the left and choose the account from the drop-down.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-13-2018 10:10 AM
    This can be done, but the steps need to be followed in the exact order to prevent them from being added back. First, go into the accounts setting to sign out her profile. This will remove her contacts from your phone without deleting then from her account.

Next, turn auto-sync off.

Now sign back into her account. With auto-sync off, it prevents any of her data, contacts included, from being imported.

Now put your phone in airplane mode to prevent any data access.

Go back to your accounts settings and turn on auto-sync. Being in airplane mode, this now allows you go in and manually select what you want synced in her account without it being able to do so. If you don't have it in airplane mode, it will sync everything as soon as you turn auto-sync back on. With auto-sync off, you won't have access to the individual sync options.

After you have selected what you do and don't want to sync up, now you can restore internet access.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-13-2018 10:17 AM