I've just got back from 3 weeks in Thailand to find an insanely high bill from EE.

They offer a roaming package which is £6 a day for 500mb on the days you use data.

Now I know what you're thinking but I know my way around my Google Pixel XL and know that I only turned data roaming on when I needed it which was about 5 times the whole trip, not the 19 days EE are telling me I used it!

Unfortunately its my word against theirs so I'm hoping someone knows of a way to get a diagnostic report of some kind that would prove when data roaming was turned off and on.

Hoping someone can help!

Regards,
    James
    03-13-2018 10:09 AM
    If you used their network overseas... And didn't roam into a partner network... Does that count as roaming?

I don't know the answer to that question btw... Its certainly one I'd be asking.
    Normally best to keep mobile data turned off all together.
    03-13-2018 10:35 AM
    Is the £6 a day charge for 500MB of data, or does it include 500MB of data? If the latter, any day on which you placed or received a phone call or a text, you were charged the roaming fee. And, although perhaps they should have explained that to you, it would be legitimate.
    03-13-2018 01:57 PM
    Hey there, I'm the OP.

The pack was definitely just for data. I 100% know that I was turning off mobile data as I remember doing it and I would say I'm 99.99% sure I turned off data roaming too.

Can you even still get charged for data roaming if mobile data is turned off though? I thought that just stopped any data outside of WIFI?

It's increasingly looking like I'm just going to have to pay for it
    03-14-2018 09:34 AM