As the question states; my phone, or at least the Google Play Store, won't download a 151MB game update even though my storage says I have ~1.3 GB's of free storage left. When I do try to download it it gives me the "Free more space" prompt and shows me which apps to delete to make space, and says I need between 111-130 MB -more- free space to download it which baffles me. I even cleared the 'Cached data' in storage constantly so now it's sitting at 4 MBs, so now I'm just confused on what's going on.
    03-15-2018 12:54 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that you have a Droid Maxx, and not an older Razr Maxx? Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register on this forum first. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...ml#post3754828
    03-15-2018 10:48 AM
    Well, I think it's a Droid Maxx, since that's what my phone says it's called in info; plus my computer calls it an XT1080.
    Alrighty, and I'll do you one better by showing the whole issue; tho I think the space needed is fluctuating.
    Droid Maxx won't download a game update even tho I got loads of free space.-screenshot_2018-03-15-16-32-09-1-.png
    Droid Maxx won't download a game update even tho I got loads of free space.-screenshot_2018-03-15-16-32-36-1-.png
    Droid Maxx won't download a game update even tho I got loads of free space.-screenshot_2018-03-15-16-33-36-1-.png
    03-15-2018 03:48 PM
    Yes, that's a Droid Maxx -- just wanted to make sure, since the older Razr Maxx has much less available space for app installation in relation to the total internal storage.

I'm not sure why you're getting that error, although it's possible that the game update file might end up taking up much more internal storage when it's unpacked -- remember, the filesize of the download is almost always smaller than the final size of the app once everything is installed.

Also, I see that you have something from Cheetah Mobile installed -- unless you really need it, I'd get rid of anything from Cheetah Mobile. They're not the most trustworthy developer, and their apps often cause more problems than they claim to solve. Do you know if that "Free Up Space" menu is from a system app or from a CM app?
    03-15-2018 09:55 PM
    Could be that it might take up more space later yea, tho I remember that this game sometimes has it's file size reduced after downloading a update; since sometimes the game doesn't need certian things anymore.

And I got rid of CM, since I never used it for so long; tho the store still won't let me download it. Does anything from DM booster also give those issues? And yea the "Free up Space" menu is straight from Google themselves for the store: https://9to5google.com/2018/01/25/go...p-space-tweak/
    03-15-2018 10:16 PM
    And I got rid of CM, since I never used it for so long; tho the store still won't let me download it. Does anything from DM booster also give those issues? And yea the "Free up Space" menu is straight from Google themselves for the store: https://9to5google.com/2018/01/25/go...p-space-tweak/
    Ah, good to know about that menu -- thanks for posting that link!

I'd get rid of anything that calls itself a "booster." Apps like this claim to make your phone run faster by usually forcing apps to close out of RAM -- but this runs counter to how Android is designed (i.e., by keeping RAM mostly full). So the system automatically tries to fill that RAM again. If the booster keeps causing apps to close out of RAM, it can set up a vicious cycle, which leads to increase CPU use and battery drainage (as well as more sluggish performance).
    03-15-2018 11:59 PM
    Alrighty, thanks for the heads up about the RAM issues that could cause; went straight to uninstalling it.

And after uninstalling all that it pushed me over the thresh-hold to be able to download the update, so I'm not 100% sure if the issue was 'fixed' per se, but everything seems working now; thanks for the help tho!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-16-2018 12:35 AM