Battery drained by over 50% in under an hour

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

IT'S been going on for a last couple of weeks , that I would see my phone lose insane amount of battery life in insanely short period of time. It had malware written all over it , so after numerous failed attempts to remove it via anti-malware apps , i opted for a factory reset. Needless to say, that turned out to be waste of time.
Before my next attempt to hard reset , I have taken SIM card out , and turned my Wi-Fi router off. Of , course prior to resetting the phone I have deleted all of the accounts and account data from the phone. This way I was able to skip Google account verification, and Samsung Cloud annoying attempts to restore data. I have than taken most of the system apps premissons, and to my surprise , I gained the permission to delete any app I choose.
It's Samsung S7 and I can't find a list of safe apps to remove.
Any idea anyone? Thanks on reading!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check the battery graph in Settings. Do you see any sharp drops - big drops in zero time? If you do, the battery is bad. (It's called a dendrite, and we've been plagued with the problem since lithium batteries were invented.)