Using Galaxy Tab as main phone.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all,

I am planning to use a Samsung Tab 4 as a cell phone. I currently have a phone plan with AT&T. The Tab 4 I purchased on E Bay is an AT&T model (unlocked.) I've been told that since it's an ATT phone the dialer and phone software of the tablet is likely blocked or otherwise defeated (please let me know if this assumption is wrong.)

I do know of a number of VOIP apps that will allow me text as well as make and receive calls using the tablet. However, I would like to continue using my ATT number.

I'm guessing I can forward calls from my ATT line to whatever number the VOIP assigns me so when people call my ATT number they can reach me. However, getting my ATT number to come up on the caller ID when I place a call seems trickier. I know there are some programs that can be used to spoof; but I'm wondering if there are any VOIP apps that can/will do this for me. I am basically looking for a program that will let me perform cell phone operations over the net and make it look like I am still using my phone.

Thanks for any help - Steve

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar