is there a way to assign different text tones to specific people? The option to assign them is not where it used to be. Under the individual persons info, it only gives option to assign individual ringtones.
    qbeats likes this.
    03-21-2018 09:20 AM
    Yup, many, many threads here on this topic. It seems an omission by Samsung on the Oreo versions of its Contacts and messaging apps. Other messaging apps can allow you this control, either on a contact-by-contact basis within that app, or on a thread-by-thread basis within the app.

I suggest you join as a member and contribute to the conversation on this topic in the S8 forum. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    03-21-2018 09:27 AM
    I've been battling with samsung to rectify this EPIC FAIL but after following up after my first oreo fail enquiry i was told we CANNOT customise text tones any more!!! I was not told why. Absolutely devastated that we are forced to put up with the same ******* tone for the countless text messages a person receives every day!!! I was the one who brought this to samsungs attention over 2 years ago with my note4 and they were grateful i pointed it out..Then this sugar biscuit update comes along with the same issue except this time deliberately...I don't know why they would take away that part of our individuality but they have I have screenshots of the conversation...For many years I've been creating personalized ringtones,text tones and all other notification tone options for friends so much that i started a small business doing so...Looks like that's a complete waste of time now...What will they remove next? The ability to bluetooth files to and from my computer or a friends Android device? I reject iphones for that very reason!!! Grrrr
    04-14-2018 05:05 AM
    Yes chat apps have the option but they don't always have the ability to personalise tones for specific contacts! text is the most commonly heard because people that we text to and from often are the most likely to be in your PHONE CONTACTS as a phone number...WWWHHHYYY would they do this????? What be the benefit? Vent over..Thankyou
    04-14-2018 05:11 AM
    @qbeats I suggest you provide feedback directly to Samsung/Google. The more people that do, the more likely they are to put the feature back.
    04-14-2018 06:13 AM