I have an old Galaxy Tab 4 and newer Galaxy Tab A. Several weeks ago when writing an email to the 2 people I email the most, their names didn't come up immediately as usual. And this is still going on. Writing the full name brings up everyone BUT my friends and I have to practically type the entire email address (which is a pain) before they come up.

At the same time, while trying to find my friends, I'm seeing entries that I don't even recognize. One was even a canned response I made years ago on my computer.

When I go into contacts and cull through them, I can't find these weird contacts. I've deleted hundreds of contacts and yet there seem to be many contacts that I have no way to find and delete.

EDIT: I am going through each of my several email addresses on my computer and deleting more and more addresses. Discovered hundreds that were not in my "Contacts" but listed as "Other Contacts." I also set up Gmail to not automatically add contacts.

It helped me get back my top contacts when I try to send an email on my tablet/phone. HOWEVER there are still some random names in there that I can't seem to delete and don't know where they come from. I still have a couple email addresses to go, so perhaps they're from those--but I doubt it on a few of them.
    03-22-2018 03:01 PM
    Okay, I've been deleting contacts all day and night. But still when I start to type in the first letter of a friend's name, yes, his name will come up first, but if I scroll down the choices, there are a lot I've never heard of and don't know how to delete. Where are these addresses lurking? Going through Contacts on the Tab4, none of the oddball addresses come up.

And I didn't realize that if one contact is saved in 3 of my separate email addresses then I'll get 3 listing for them. Thinking of removing a few addresses from my tablets and only using them on my computer.
    03-22-2018 10:06 PM
    Last night I deleted all but two email accounts on my tablets--and those 2 accounts do not have many contacts at all. (One has about 90, the other perhaps 25.) Yet STILL when I start to type a name in the "To" field, I get a list of names that includes people I don't know. Wish there were some way to delete them while I'm seeing them but I've found no way.

I know I should probably just let it go, but it's really bugging me.
    03-23-2018 12:21 PM
    So here we go again for my answering my own questions. Kinda feel like I'm just talking to myself here.

I finally deleted all the email accounts from my tablets and then had kind of a hairy time trying to figure out how to reinstall them. Guess I did it all right because my Gmail accounts are there and...drum roll, please...NO ODD CONTACTS COME UP ANYMORE! Hooray!

Thanks for your help, everyone.
    03-23-2018 03:18 PM
    I'm not sure but I think some of those predictions come from addresses inside of emails sent to you that were sent to multiple recipients.
    03-23-2018 03:54 PM