I hope one day Microsoft will get back into the phone arena and get to creating the far Superior
    Windows phones~
    I feel like my Note8 is Sooo
    Antiquated after owning Windows for 5 years with the last one being the Lumia 950~
    03-22-2018 06:09 PM
    Edgy exactly do you think it's inferior? It's just different.
    03-22-2018 06:12 PM
    I hope one day Microsoft will get back into the phone arena and get to creating the far Superior
    Windows phones~
    I feel like my Note8 is Sooo
    Antiquated after owning Windows for 5 years with the last one being the Lumia 950~
    I've had around 10 Lumia phones over the years including the 950 and 950XL and I had the Note 8 until a month ago so I can speak from plenty of experience. I can't think of one single thing that makes the Lumia 950 better than the Note 8. The camera was good at the time but it's showing it's age now, there's no fingerprint sensor on it, the battery is awful, the 950xl was far better and faster. I enjoyed Windows mobile from 7.5 to 10 so I'm not gonna bash it but let's face it, there was a major app issue the whole time with a lack of apps and the apps there was were poor quality, there were no Google apps and the platform was pretty much a Beta for the past 4 years.
    03-22-2018 06:42 PM
    Windows phones~
    I should cocoa.
    03-22-2018 07:04 PM
    It might be the layered up settings, duplicated (alongside stock) app choices and heavy handed Touch-Wiz UI the OP objects to?

Just a guess. Maybe the OP will join the site to reply in this thread with more details or questions.

In the meantime I'd suggest shopping something with a lighter firmware touch from an OEM that doesn't reinvent the wheel over and over and create their own version of every app imaginable.

I quite like Sony. I'm enamored with Blackberry right now and I'm running a refurbished DTEK60. LOVE it. And I'm a Windows Phone ex-pat, BTW, having used a whole slew of 'em. I keep a Lumia 950 all kitted out with Beast Grip and various accoutrements for use as a camera. My wife runs nothing but Samsung and I've tried them in the past. I'm my wife's IT guy so I deal with her Sammy's all the time. I can't recommend them at all unless the user simply wants a phone the rest of the crowd has. Conformity to mass popularity seems to be their biggest feature. [/my2cents]
    03-23-2018 08:41 AM