I bought a new Galaxy S8. Worked fine, until 2 weeks later, every time my son tries to phone me, he gets a busy signal. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with AT&T diagnostic, (she ran an update and did something else and he was able to get thru for a day or two, and then it started again) She called to see how the phone was doing, and I told her it was doing the same thing again so she tried troubleshooting it, and then she had a new phone sent to me. However, now this phone does the same thing? And my son, still cannot get thru, he always gets a busy signal...and it's only him...everyone else can call me and get thru? My son lives several states away....but his daughter can reach me on her cell? Has anyone else had this problem? Please advise?
    03-23-2018 07:43 AM
    Call AT&T customer care again (611).

I assume you have a ticket#?

If not make sure they see your repeated issue.

Ask them for a "reprovision" on your line. That involves them "re-injecting" your account permissions into the system. There is a botched bit of data somewhere, perhaps even at your local tower level or your son's. He should request a reprovision as well in case the issue is on his line. Reprovisioning should force any gremlins out of the system.

Best of luck.

By the way, I believe you have posted this issue here previously. It is more helpful if you please join the site and reply in this thread with more details or questions. That way we keep all the advice in one place and it helps you get better answers.
    03-23-2018 09:57 AM
    Thank you for your reply, I have been trying to reply to answers but having a problem getting around your website to do so, and apologize for repeating the question. Thank you kindly.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-23-2018 10:31 AM
    Well, the IT person from AT&T did a Reprovision as you suggested last early evening and it did not work, he is still getting a busy signal when he calls me. He is really frustrated and so am I...he said he has never heard anyone who has a cell phone, get a busy signal when they call, and it's got to be my phone, b/c he doesn't have that problem with anyone else, it just started when I got my phone. Also, when the IT person was working on my phone, my son was on his way up to visit me. When he arrived at the airport, she had run something on my phone, and he was able to call me from the airport...but then in two days, it all started again. I am really upset about this...doesn't make sense, and they just are unable to figure it out. She is calling me again tonight, and I'm going to ask her if she could trouble shoot my son's phone just to make certain, but I am certain it is my phone. He was always able to contact me on my landline, and when I first purchased the phone...but now he cannot, whenever he tries to call me, he gets a busy signal. And I do not have him blocked?
    03-27-2018 05:04 AM