What do i update?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My account will be blocked in one day it said if i dont update it,i dont know what it wants me to update though.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Where are you seeing that message? Who's sending it? There's always a chance that it could be a scam trying to get your personal information.

Give us more details and we'll try to help you out?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My account will be blocked in one day it said if i dont update it,i dont know what it wants me to update though.
Welcome to the forums. Could you create an account to reply and give us some more info? Such as:

Is this a random pop-up?
Is it tied specific app?
Does it have a button or something to click?

Some services do have a timer that will shut your account down due to inactivity, but those typically give you a fair bit of notice (I.e. A month or so, and after a year of inactivity) and fully delete your account after. A security sensitive app/service may lock you out pending an update to prevent a hole from being exploited.

On the other hand, it could also be malware phishing scheme. They like to scare you into giving them account info so they can hack into your stuff. It would be as if I came up to you on the street and said I'd lock you out of Google if you didn't give me your login info to verify you are real. You shouldn't trust me, and you shouldn't trust these sorts of warnings without checking into them through legitimate sources.

That's why if you can give us more info, we'll be able to give you more specific answers.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's an email that's been making the rounds, supposedly from Google - but it's either a phishing scam or just a way to gather verified email addresses. I've had my filter deleting them for over a month now.

In any event, do not respond to it! It's as legitimate as the "You have been gifted with $2 million" email I've also been getting. It's scam season - watch what you respond to. Ask here if you're not sure - beforeresponding to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma