When people from India and America talk to each other sometimes they have difficulty understanding each other. Is there any software which can change the accent during a call?
    03-23-2018 12:04 PM
    Not yet, except maybe for supercomputers. That takes a lot of computing power to do. Speech to text is a lot easier. (I suppose speech to text, then text to speech would work, but you wouldn't be hearing the other person's voice, you'd be hearing the TTS app's "voice".)
    03-23-2018 01:04 PM
    The closest you can get is the feature they presented with the new Pixel Buds that allows for on-the-fly translation, just ask the other person to speak in their native language. How that would work on a phone call, I'm not certain, but the technology is somewhat there...

Last section of this article - https://www.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-buds

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    03-23-2018 01:33 PM
    Thanks, hallux - I have it on my phone, but wasn't aware that it could do live translation (no matter how bad it is).
    03-23-2018 04:29 PM