Why cant i uninstall android 8 update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've just installed the v8 update its not very good things like the do not disturb app now only puts phone into silent before it used to have a time function and there was a widget you could put on the screen for controlling wifi etc now that's gone.
I always thought an update was to make things better

NOT MAKE THEM WORSE

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
An Android update isn't something added to the phone, that you can remove. It replaces the older version of Android. To "remove" it, you have to install the older version (which will wipe the phone, so you'll have to back everything up first - also, the phone will keep asking you if you want to update and after about 15 times it will just update without asking, so going back to the old version is only a temporary fix).

Some of the updates are things that some of us like, but others don't. With more than 2 billion Android users out there, not everyone is going to be happy with every change. (Of course some changes, like no more individual ringtones per contact, people either use it or don't, so I can't see any reason for them to have eliminated it, but they did.)