I listen to voice messages sent by email on my phone and the default app is Google Play. Don't really have a problem with this, but if I want to do something else on my phone I can't while I'm listening to Google Play. Is there some way to make it play in the background while I'm doing something else on my phone? I used to be able to do this quite easily on my Sony but the Google Play playback screen is very basic and doesn't seem to work in a similar way. Thanks for your advice. Perhaps I just need a different app or I might need to set it up differently. I just couldn't see anything that would change this in the settings.
    03-24-2018 02:34 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact app name? "Google Play" isn't the name of an app -- it has to be something like "Google Play Music" or "Google Play Services."

You could see what happens if you install a 3rd party media player app, then go to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, then Reset All App Preferences. When you try playing a voicemail file, does it then ask you to choose an app to complete the action?
    03-24-2018 07:06 PM