Connect Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 to older tv without HDMI?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Is there a practical way to connect an older tv without hdmi (only the "RGB" and RCA connections) to an android device, specifically a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4? I imagine it would require several adapters; would that likely lead to noticeable quality issues? It'd be for the purpose of trying Sony's PlayStation Vue streaming tv.
Thank you for any advice,
(P.S. I'm new to these forums--but other areas like the General Help and How To will not permit new threads due to too many redirects.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You could try Chromecast with an HDMI-to-component video converter, but not having tried it myself, I can't be sure it'll work: https://www.amazon.com/Portta-Compo...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6203665

Although this is a bit of a cop-out of an answer, it may just be time to get a new TV. I mention this because TVs have become very inexpensive these days. You can find deals for 4K TVs around 48-50" for about $400 these days, and if you don't need 4K, they'll be even cheaper. (And if a trade war breaks out between the US and the rest of the world, prepare for prices to start shooting up.:-\)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol