No available language to download on Samsung keyboard

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung S8 recently went through an update. I went in to add Chinese (Taiwan) as a language to my keyboard. When I click into "manage input languages", it gives me my downloaded languages but absolutely nothing under "available languages." I know they existed at one point but now have all disappeared. "Available Languages" is just greyed out. Help?

Shellaaa96

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
I had this problem too just now, try force stop and clear data on samsung keyboard and add the language like usual by going to settings > general management > language and input > on-screen keyboard > samsung keyboard > languages and types > manage input languages > download the available languages. hope this helps ^^

sorata_san

Jul 31, 2018
Visit site
I'm having the same problem right now with a J7 Prime, after the system was restored, and the suggestion above didn't work :/ The "available languages" category continues empty. I don't know what to do...

Pafitis

Jan 24, 2019
Visit site
"I had this problem too just now, try force stop and clear data on samsung keyboard and add the language like usual by going to settings > general management > language and input > on-screen keyboard > samsung keyboard > languages and types > manage input languages > download the available languages. hope this helps"

I did just that and it worked! thank you

vlm mali

Sep 9, 2019
Visit site
I've been dealing with the same issue in the same situation, but the solution was pretty simple. The problem is that after reset your Samsung keyboard needs to update in order to add new languages. It does the update automatically, but the problem is that it is preset to only update when ur device is connected to wifi. So just connect ur phone to wifi and it will work. Hope I was useful.

realIK17

Nov 4, 2021
Visit site
I have a SM-T827V (version February 2020). I tried to forcibly stop and clear the data, but it didn't work. Then I tried to again using VPN, and it still didn't work. The strange thing is that the keyboard version of my tablet is 3.3.31.20, which is lower than the keyboard version (3.3.23.33) of my phone (SM-N950U), even though the software version of my phone is December 2020. And the keyboard on my phone works fine. If I download the mobile phone keyboard version of the apk and install it on the tablet, will I be able to download the German input? thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211104-190917_Samsung Keyboard.jpg
    Screenshot_20211104-190917_Samsung Keyboard.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1

z40000

Nov 4, 2021
Visit site
I have a SM-T827V (version February 2020). I tried to forcibly stop and clear the data, but it didn't work. Then I tried to again using VPN, and it still didn't work. The strange thing is that the keyboard version of my tablet is 3.3.31.20, which is lower than the keyboard version (3.3.23.33) of my phone (SM-N950U), even though the software version of my phone is December 2020. And the keyboard on my phone works fine. If I download the mobile phone keyboard version of the apk and install it on the tablet, will I be able to download the German input? thanks

I discovered the same exact problem today after performing a factory reset.