novice here. i installed lineageos 14.1 & gapps with twrp on my g4 and managed to lose the factory os along the way. when i turn the phone on it goes into twrp. i tried fastboot oem fb_mode_set, that gets me to fastfboot and i can use power to turn the phone off. the power on button goes to fastboot and i use "start" to boot lineage. fastboot oem fb_mode_clear gets me back to the twrp cycle. any way to get the phone to turn off and on normally? thanks
    03-25-2018 02:27 PM
    novice here. i installed lineageos 14.1 & gapps with twrp on my g4 and managed to lose the factory os along the way.
    Not exactly. Installing an OS replaces the one that's there, it doesn't get installed in addition to the one that's there.

when i turn the phone on it goes into twrp. i tried fastboot oem fb_mode_set, that gets me to fastfboot and i can use power to turn the phone off. the power on button goes to fastboot and i use "start" to boot lineage. fastboot oem fb_mode_clear gets me back to the twrp cycle. any way to get the phone to turn off and on normally? thanks
    First do a backup - at least the phone is working. Then reinstall Lineage. Make sure it's Lineage for your model G4. See if that works. If it does, back it up. Then install Gapps. See if that works (you can still use the power switch, Lineage seems to be working and you can use Play, Google Music, etc.) If that works back it up, save the backup to a PC or to Drive, then delete the other two backups.

But as long as you back up what you have now, you can't get any worse than hard bricking the phone (which turns it into an expensive paper weight). No matter what runs or not, you can always restore your current backup and try again.

(Remember, each phone's Lineage is written by a different person or team - the one for the G4 may just be buggy. Then you find a stock ROM for the G4 and flash it [and back it up with TWRP].)
    03-26-2018 03:45 PM