So normally I have a specific tone when my husband text, friend, mother... Etc. I used to go into the contacts>edit and there was a field added that allowed me to change it so I could easily recognize who was texting. This morning after my phone did a forced update it reverted all my messaging tones to default, no big deal, but when I went to reset each tone for each person, that option is no longer available (or no longer in the contacts folder). I've looked to see if there was another way to edit it but I can't find anything. Everyone keeps redirecting me to trouble shooting with AT&T but I'm not finding anything to help with my current situation. All direction tell me how to do it the "old" way. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    03-25-2018 07:01 PM
    Oreo has removed that - now there's just one tome for texts. Maybe Google will bring it back.

Until then, there are other text apps you can try - possibly one of them has the function.
    03-26-2018 02:56 PM
    same here. Very upset with Oreo! and more things have disappeared too.But this my biggest complaint! People say to go to all sites and tell samsung we want that feature back! I was even going to upgrade to the S9+ or the new Note, But I hear they don't have this option any more either! After 30++ years, of Androids, I may go to an iphone....
    Using Textra app for messaging right now. You can have tones for contacts. But still not the same.
    07-12-2018 07:53 PM