Wifi is showing on in battery chart even i turned it off

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

In my battery usage chart shows that wifi is turned on in most of the time but i never turned on wifi in this time.
It waste most of my phone's battery!!!!!!!!
Please help me
I am using intex cloud s9

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to your system settings and search for "wi-fi scanning" (if your system settings have a search option). It's part of the Location settings, so if you don't have a search option, go to Settings>Location and look for Improve Location Accuracy, or tap Menu and look for a Scanning option. Turn off wi-fi scanning when you find it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's showing that it was on at one time and consumed some power. That's going to stay there until you charge the phone again.

But it might be that older-style battery graph with the bar at the bottom showing when wi-fi was on or off. If it's a solid bar going all the way across while the actual wi-fi toggle was off, that could be due to wi-fi scanning.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If scanning is turned off, right -- but if the wi-fi scanning option is turned on, is the wi-fi radio kept on at some low level so that it can always be looking for a wi-fi network to get location data? Or is that only supposed to be intermittent? My understanding is that if wi-fi scanning is on, that means the wi-fi radio will actually show up as constantly on in the older battery graph -- even if your wi-fi toggle switch is turned off.