My wife has a smart phone in which there seems to be a virus impacting its performance ( there may also be other issues with the phone). We bought a new phone but it is not yet activated. Assuming a virus on the old phone, can a virus be transferred to the new phone if we take the Sim card from the old phone and install it into the new phone? Thanks.
    03-26-2018 09:42 AM
    I don't think that's possible with today's SIM cards. If you do suspect a virus is at play, don't use any migration or automatic setup options with the new phone. I wouldn't even let Google automatically download your apps. This will make sure any malicious code isn't transferred offer.

Are you sure it's a virus? It's rather hard to get one on Android, and you almost have to try to get one. As long as you don't visit sketchy websites like pirating sites, don't click on pop-up ads, and have the option to install from unknown sources turned off, the chances of getting one are slim. Many times people mistake pop-up ads and such for a virus. While annoying, they aren't a virus and are usually tied to free apps. If it's something like this causing issues, then it'll likely come back if you download that app again, even if you get it from Google Play.
    RumoredNow and anon(9485947) like this.
    03-26-2018 10:36 AM