There are numerous device-tracking app, but I'd like to know if any of you know one which consumes the least battery. I'm a climber and I plan a trip which may last 2 days without any source of power.

Tanks
    03-26-2018 02:14 PM
    If you want the GPS itself running all the time, that will be your battery killer. The apps themselves are likely negligible in their comparative usage. You may want to consider a solar powered power bank like one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...cUvbUpU6204790

This way you can let the pack charge on top of your backpack while climbing, and top off the phone as needed. I don't know a ton about them, but I'd want one with a large capacity and a good number of solar cells. Lithium batteries charge at their fastest rate up to about 75%. Hypothetically speaking, it could be the difference between getting 1 charge cycle on your phone or getting 3 with the same amount of solar charging (assuming it has enough panels to supply the extra current to the battery pack). More panels also means you won't be affected as bad if it's cloudy.
    03-26-2018 03:46 PM