Recent S8 update caused multiple changes I can't fix

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The recent update has ruined several of my apps for me.
-the email app now has my VIP husband contact as "Unknown" though other contacts list the name. My email carrier app has my contacts as they should be.
-I have turned off all email notifications, but the second I set the phone down on a wireless charging disc (not during wired charging) suddenly "ping, pa-ping, ping..." goes all the notifications I have otherwise disabled. WHAT???
-downloaded photos vanish. They used to go to the "downloaded" folder in gallery, and it asks me if I want to use gallery to open it after download, but it isn't stored there
-text messages that show up on my lock screen are then considered "read," so when I unlock my phone there's no indication that I have a text message to look at (little number over the app button). If I didn't actually READ the message, but it was just on my lock screen, I often miss it
-Smart Lock at home no longer works, even though it is set to work at my home location, which is correct. I still have to enter my passcode every time at home
-Samsung Account wants me to turn over my life to them, with profile sharing, link sharing etc., which I don't want to do. I've disabled all the Bixby stuff, gone into advanced notification settings and all the Samsung connect stuff has been disabled, but the notification still crops up many times a day. I'll have to delete my Samsung account, I suppose. Is this really how they want it?

There are many little annoying things like this that suddenly popped up after the update. I am good at tweaking the settings to customize them to my liking but this is like reinventing the wheel.

Is this what I can expect from now on? Do I have to attempt to uninstall the update? I very much enjoyed this phone prior to this update!