Phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I got this message over a week ago. At the same time my phone stopped connecting to my service (can not call or text) I assume the phone was rooted before I bought it because it is a T-Mobile phone and I am using Tracfone. I do not know what to do.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked.

What make and model phone?

How are you getting this message? I.e. Was it an email, a pop-up on the screen, something else?

On a related note, did this notice claim to come from the manufacturer, one of the carriers, or someone else?

Were you offered any sort of remedy to unlock the phone?

warnickbruce

Mar 27, 2018
Visit site
Re: Phone has been flashed with unauthorized software & is locked.

What make and model phone?

How are you getting this message? I.e. Was it an email, a pop-up on the screen, something else?

On a related note, did this notice claim to come from the manufacturer, one of the carriers, or someone else?

Were you offered any sort of remedy to unlock the phone?

samsung s6 model, sm-g920t. it was a pop up on the screen after i rebooted it, it said security error but nothing from where it was from. I contacted my carrier and they had no idea what to do.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd first try contacting Samsung to see if they have any idea what happened or if it can be fixed. You may also want to try factory resetting it or even re-flashing the stock ROM (I'm not familiar with how to do this, only that it is possible if you are technically savvy enough). Another forum that may be of help is XDA Developers, which has a lot more members that dig in to these sorts of deep level programming. It's where a lot of root exploits and such are found.

warnickbruce

Mar 27, 2018
Visit site
I'd first try contacting Samsung to see if they have any idea what happened or if it can be fixed. You may also want to try factory resetting it or even re-flashing the stock ROM (I'm not familiar with how to do this, only that it is possible if you are technically savvy enough). Another forum that may be of help is XDA Developers, which has a lot more members that dig in to these sorts of deep level programming. It's where a lot of root exploits and such are found.

alright ill try that thanks for the help mooncatt ill let you know if this works

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance