how would someone run a wired home network using the phones data. the phone is a note 2 that is on the grandfathered unlimited account. Not rooted. has foxfi/pda installed and unlocked. ive usb tethered with pdanet and that pc works. shared that pc connection to a netgear wireless router and gotten it to work. the problem is it drops connection to all other devices at odd different times. could work for 2 days or after an hour. all settings on the computer have been set to not go to sleep. but still the connection will drop. tried easytether but cant really test it working since you have to pay for full version to get to anything. and tried usb tether this morning and it worked for an hour or so. but both the easytether and usb tether are the free versions. have also tried 2 other netgear routers. they work for awhile and then drop. but never at a set time. going to try to root a different phone today and switch the sim card out when i get home and see if it works bypassing the 3rd party apps on the phone and computer to connect the phones usb tether. but open to any other ideas to try.
    03-28-2018 06:42 AM