I have a new phone and have recently downloaded some new notification tones from the app Zedge. I was looking at my push notification settings on Twitter and when looking at notification ringtone settings, it came up with either use the system ringtone settings or go to the Zedge app. I thought my recently downloaded tones would be in my system ringtone settings so I selected that and also selected "never ask again". But the downloaded tones weren't there as I expected and now I can't go back and change the tones through the Zedge app because I pressed "never ask again". I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, cleared data, checked and unchechecked all app permissions but I still haven't been able to get the option back. What else can I do? Thanks!
    03-28-2018 09:09 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? In general you can get that menu back if you clear defaults for the app that you selected as 'always'. For ringtones and notifications this app could be 'Media Storage' and it can be found in settings - apps - all/show system.

Other possibility is downloading a different app that can perform the same action, like a file explorer.
    03-28-2018 09:19 AM
    Hi Javier,
    I have an Oppo R11s. Have checked for any defaults on the Twitter app but there are none. Also, I'm not sure yet how to access media storage through settings yet, still familiarising myself with the settings.
    I may try your other suggestion though.
    Thanks.
    03-28-2018 09:34 AM
    Hi Javier,
    I have an Oppo R11s. Have checked for any defaults on the Twitter app but there are none. Also, I'm not sure yet how to access media storage through settings yet, still familiarising myself with the settings.
    I may try your other suggestion though.
    Thanks.
    I haven't used that phone before, so I'm not sure about the proper settings.

The default was created for the app that performed the action when you changed the sound (media storage, My Files, ...), not for the app for which you changed the notification (Twitter).

See if downloading a file explorer works for you. Try FX or Total Commander fire example. You can uninstall them afterwards.
    03-28-2018 09:50 AM
    I haven't used that phone before, so I'm not sure about the proper settings.

The default was created for the app that performed the action when you changed the sound (media storage, My Files, ...), not for the app for which you changed the notification (Twitter).

See if downloading a file explorer works for you. Try FX or Total Commander fire example. You can uninstall them afterwards.
    Ahhh okay, I understand what you mean now.
    I have downloaded a file explorer and am having a look but have not yet been able to find where system notifications/ringtones are stored.
    03-28-2018 10:06 AM
    Ahhh okay, I understand what you mean now.
    I have downloaded a file explorer and am having a look but have not yet been able to find where system notifications/ringtones are stored.
    Just try to set a new sound for Twitter, or any other app, and see if you get the selection menu again.
    03-28-2018 10:07 AM
    Just try to set a new sound for Twitter, or any other app, and see if you get the selection menu again.
    Okay, I have tried to set new sounds for other apps to see if the selection came up but it didn't.
    It's not a huge problem for me, but I'd just like to use the same downloaded notification tone for all my apps ☺
    03-28-2018 10:27 AM
    If you downloaded the ringtone from Zedge, it should be in Downloads. The rest of your ringtones should be in Ringtones. (Alarms in Alarms and notifications in Notifications.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-28-2018 03:32 PM
    If you downloaded the ringtone from Zedge, it should be in Downloads. The rest of your ringtones should be in Ringtones. (Alarms in Alarms and notifications in Notifications.)
    Hi Rukbat

Yes, I've found the notification tone I want to use in my downloads, but it doesn't appear in my media storage with the rest of the system notification tones. And on my phone, I cannot find an exact folder that holds all the system ringtones and notification tones.
    03-28-2018 07:38 PM