i can't text swear words and NO i don't mean talk to text

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Android Central Question

REGULAR texting, swype, whatever. unless i manually type the word in there, it won't auto-populate. there is no place to toggle 'unblock offensive words' on the preo update. i checked. i'm using a galaxy s8. someone please help before i go back to smacking around carrier pigeons to get my anger across properly!

themase74

Apr 6, 2018
Visit site
This is now really driving me crazy. I'm commenting on some many forum posts trying to find any answer. In addition to the curse words, if i type in a number, then swipe a word, it is not inserting a space.

ladyamanuet

Apr 9, 2018
Visit site
I don't know about the OP, but I'm using Samsung Keyboard and it won't let me swipe swear words. It refuses to learn them like it used to. I tried downloading a dictionary, I have block offensive words turned off in speech-to-text - nothing is working. I just want to be able to swipe words I use every single day and not type them out letter by letter.

ladyamanuet

Apr 9, 2018
Visit site
I just did a chat with Samsung and they said this was part of the last update - there is no fix. The next update will correct it so the keyboard will remember the words we want to use again

Avetisiants

Apr 29, 2018
Visit site
I am as frustrated as you are! My previous update was fine. I was able to swipe any word! But right now it refuses to learn any of my swear words. **** become a duck, ******* is tucking and so on! ***** is butch.... I'm am so frustrated sometimes I wanna throw my phone off the wall because no matter how many time I correct Ducking into ******* it still refuses to learn it and keeps correcting it.... :( if anyone has any update on how to get this fixed pls let me know asap because I am losing my shot... see????? **** becomes shot 😭😭😭wtfffff give me back my swiping curse words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boochman

May 11, 2018
Visit site
One way around it is to put your swear words in short cuts. For instance... when I just hit F... the word duck (this website also is from the 50s).. you know what I'm saying. You can set a letter to spell out your word for you... actually quicker. Pain in the arse yes..but it works.

Selena Frederick

May 11, 2018
Visit site
One way around it is to put your swear words in short cuts. For instance... when I just hit F... the word duck (this website also is from the 50s).. you know what I'm saying. You can set a letter to spell out your word for you... actually quicker. Pain in the arse yes..but it works.

I just spent 30 minutes searching online for someone else as pissed about this as me.

Here's what's killing me: when i try to swype the f word, it replaces it with frick. Like, the r is waaaay over there and i went nowhere near it, stop moralizing you stupid keyboard! It KNOWS what you're trying to swype well enough to provide common alternatives, so it just refuses. Cannot WAIT for this to get fixed.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I think we'd better think of calling a halt to this thread. There are too many examples of impolite words in it, none of which it was really necessary to give, and that will be bound to be offensive to some members. Remember this from our Community Rules & Guidelines:

1fd4d65055d0fd2c8c75f3f6be1d1af3.jpg

I shan’t lock the thread in case of further constructive suggestions.

sk100

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
OK people, I was going through the same thing but I FINALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY found how to fix this problem, so all the potty mouths out there - here is the solution (well at least it worked for me on my Pixel 2 XL with the July 2018 security patch). There are 3 steps that I followed:

Step one:
Go to settings.
Select “Language and Input”
Select “Personal Dictionary”
Select “+”
Select the Phrase field.
Add the specific profane word you want to use in that field.
Select “Next” on your keyboard.
Select “Done” on your keyboard.

Step two:
Settings/Languages & Input/Virtual Keyboard/Google Voice Typing/Block-UnBlock Offensive words

Step three:
Settings/Languages & Input/Virtual Keyboard/Text Correction/ un-check the radio button for Block Offensive words.

Hopefully this workaround works for all of you too. Let the swearing begin (or resume) :)

Michael Powers2

Feb 19, 2019
Visit site
I wish someone would find a answer to this problem !! I swear a lot I been fighting this problem 2 years when this contact is up I am going back to apple !! The other day I texted my girlfriend. I said u know I love your *** but it came up I love your ants !!! She goes WTF !! Lol

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
GBoard allows me to swipe and type profane words after I type them once and save them to my personal dictionary. To save them I just have to touch the finished word in the suggestion bar. It will still occasionally offer me other variants but it usually gets it right the first time if I carefully swipe the path. If you swipe, like me, you're probably amazed at how it guesses the word when you're all over the place, sometimes not even close to the characters of the word. LOL. But when I want something profane I have to be mostly close and it gets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20