I can't swipe right or left to browse through my pics. I tried other apps. I tried deleting cache and data. I tried it in local and SD locations. I tried deleting Google play service cache like some ***** recommended. I even did a factory reset. And it DID work for a few minutes after the reset. Then maybe as my apps were reinstalling perhaps it stopped working again. Am I going to have to reset again and keep trying nonstop and try to catch which app made it stop?
    03-30-2018 05:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which app are you using to browse your pics? The stock Gallery app? The Google Photos app?
    03-30-2018 12:43 PM
    This is the OP. Is this where I respond to your question? It's a samsung J7. I tried samsung Gallery, Google Photos, and QuickPic. I use FX to browse files. It's been acting buggy too. In Messenges if I add a pic, messages crashes. I got around that with using Gallery instead of quickpic. Maybe unrelated but, it also is a new weird issue that came up right at the same time
    03-30-2018 01:41 PM
    Yes, this is the correct way to respond -- thanks for registering!

I can't say for sure what's going on with the Samsung Gallery app, but you should certainly be able to swipe through pics in the Google Photos app. When you open Google Photos, the first screen will show all photos, including those saved locally on your phone and those backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud. If you tap any photo to display it fullscreen, you can then swipe back and forth between photos. If you only want to look at photos saved locally to the phone, you can swipe in from the left, tap Device Folders, and then Camera.

My personal recommendation would be to unininstall QuickPic. It used to be a good gallery app, but then it got bought by Cheetah Mobile, which is notorious for making fairly useless "phone cleaner/booster" apps, as well as doing shady things like adding "features" that include ads. If you want a decent 3rd party gallery app, try Focus Gallery, by Francisco Franco, a well-respected ROM developer.

Sometimes when a phone is doing various odd things, it can be helpful to wipe the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-30305
    03-31-2018 10:17 PM
    I am having the same issue. It just started a week or so ago. I have a Samsung Galaxy 6, and I am using the Gallery app within the phone. Pictures that I took on May18 will scroll, but pictures taken on May 27 or after will not. What happened?
    06-02-2018 09:47 PM