I'll try to be concise about this. My phone (its new) do recognize my sd card (also new Sandisk 32 gb) but no matter what I do I cant play the music I've put in the sd card. At first I thought it had something to do with the files being flac. But thats not it. You see, whenever I use MEGA to download them and do it straight in the sd card, the phone wont even find them. So I plugged my phone to the computer and made some experiments. I put flac files and mp3 files. I put some on the root of the card and some in a folder I named Music. When I unplugged my sd card from the computer, my music players (all 3 of them) finally recognize the files, all of them..flac, mp3, from the root of the sd, from the music folder, but wont play them. Saying that they cant play that file format. This happens with both the flac and the mp3 ones so thats checked off the list. And when I restarted my phone, the files are all gone again! So I tried to be concise, for real.
    04-01-2018 07:43 AM
    1. Music players don't scan the entire phone for files they can play, Media Scan does that when you start the phone, and builds a database of files, what they are and where they are (that's for all media - pictures, videos, music, other sound files [like podcasts and eBooks], etc.) The app just looks in the database that Media Scan creates, looking for types of files it can play. So if you copy files to the phone (or the card), either restart the phone or run an app like media.Re.Scan to force a rescan.

2. Android doesn't come with a music player that can play flac files. You'll have to install one. VLC for Android, although it's a video player, can play flac files (and it's free - and no ads).
    04-01-2018 12:09 PM