Android phones and non replaceable battery forcing me to iphone? NOO!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So my Moto Z force1 has a dying internal battery and my battery mod cant get me through a full day now. I have tried MANY local phone repair kiosks but it seems the only phone they are willing to replace a battery in is an iPhone ( i guess I can understand given the standardized form factor of iPhone ). I am short of being eligible for my Verizon upgrade and the Moto z 3 isn't available yet. This is making me consider (reluctantly) of moving to an iphone. Rant over.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So my Moto Z force1 has a dying internal battery and my battery mod cant get me through a full day now. I have tried MANY local phone repair kiosks but it seems the only phone they are willing to replace a battery in is an iPhone ( i guess I can understand given the standardized form factor of iPhone ). I am short of being eligible for my Verizon upgrade and the Moto z 3 isn't available yet. This is making me consider (reluctantly) of moving to an iphone. Rant over.

What's stopping you from buying another phone?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Unless you are just in a situation where you aren't mad a power outlet for a long period of time, I'd just try to tough it out with more frequent charging until you can upgrade. Sure it may be a small inconvenience, but it's not going to hurt the phone itself.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Verizon themselves can replace the battery. (They'll probably have to order one, but most Verizon company stores have a little repair shop in back.)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
DIY...

Look up "Your Model Replace Battery" on YouTube and have at it. If you aren't handy ask a handy friend. Batteries for most phones can be had all day long on Amazon. Some even come with tools needed.

You also say you've gone to "kiosks" to ask about the repair. Get away from the malls. Search for a more legit phone repair store. There are several chains and even mom and pop stores. I live in a small city of about 160,000 and I can think of three places just off the top of my head that repair about any phone you bring in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12