Can i use my android phone as a bluetooth receiver (to play music from one phone to another phone)?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Can I use my old android phone as a bluetooth receiver - as i can play music from my phone in my bluetooth headset or car player, can i play music from one android phone in another?
I think it should be possible - if my phone can receive my voice from a bluetooth headset while making a call, the phone should be able to receive music as well - but i do not see any apps that will help me to do so.

Any suggestions?
Basically I am trying to make use of my old android phone - to make my old wired speaker system to a bluetooth speaker system.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That is one super expensive set up when you can get a Chromecast audio dongle (or a cheapo BT one at that) for way less, but OK....
You can, but it won't be pretty if your phone doesn't natively support it (newer Samsung phones, for instance, allow for this between Samsung phones). You can use a receiver app on your phone (usually will require a sender app on the original phone); not sure if All Cast supports this but it might.

The problem with what you're trying to do is that the phone doesn't usually include the 'Media Audio' profile for connected devices, so the most you can usually do is browse files from a paired device, send audio to a speaker, or connect a phone headset. So you'll need additional apps to get around this.

Another option is to use a VNC app that would allow you to mirror your phone onto another, including audio.