MY S8 with Samsung Keyboard will not stop recording text to speech

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am posting here because I have exhausted all other outlets. My recently purchased S8 has taken control of my Text to speech ap. I use my phone in the car a LOT and use this ap to communicate with my team. I have had 4 S models, they have operated the same. You activate the ap, like Skype, push the mic button and a big green button appears. it converts what you say to text. you stop talking, hit the SEND arrow and it stops recording and sends what you spoke.

Not anymore. Now, without pattern, it will continue to record after you hit the SEND arrow, whether you want it to or not. And trust me it records whatever it hears. I now Know all the words to Stairway to Heaven.

If you don't say anything, after 30 seconds it will RETYPE WHAT YOU LAST SAID, AND SEND IT A SECOND TIME! BY ITSELF.

When it stays on, you must hit the mic button to stop it recording before you hit SEND.

If you don't, the next time you go to your mic button you may find 30 minutes of idle chatter, radio voices, or anyone talking in the car. Damned inconvenient.

Now the fun part.

Sprint blames Samsung.

Samsung blames Google.

Google blames Samsung.

All 3 admit there is a problem but no one can fix it, including a complete phone wipe and upgrade to Oreo version of Android.

Now the real funny part.

Every keyboard does this, EXCEPT Gboard. It works flawlessly. The only bad thing is the placement of the Gboard mic button, and the inability to move it.

So why, I ask myself, does Gboard (made by Google) work, and Googles own keyboard not? I get a lot of shrugged shoulders.

I see not a single word of talk on the web anywhere about this, yet everyone who has looked at it knows it exists, and has for about the last 5 weeks. It used to work fine, then I got some update that also locked up my phone, and the joyride started.

Please, please, PLEASE if anyone reading this can help me, I would be eternally Grateful. I have spent 7 hours of my life at Geek Squad that I will never be able to get back, with not a single change.

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34