Samsung S9 - Why can't I swipe to call or message from the message app?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I think this might have been a previous update but since I got my new S9+ I notice that from a list of messages, you cannot swipe that contact/number Left to message or Right to call!?!? You can only use this function from The Contacts list!! I used this function all the time (for me it was a stand out feature from the iPhone!). I cannot see anywhere in settings to tailor my preference! Is there any way?! Or perhaps another messaging app I should be using? There are a lot of things I dislike about the new set ups. Too many touch points to get things done. Grrrr....

D Joe

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got the S9 and noticed that as well and this really sucks. When I am in messaging and I'm looking at the main list of messages from contacts I use to always right swipe to dial that person or left swipe to message. If that is gone for sure it just another thing to long list of things that if I like the feature it has to be taken away... if I like something about a software it has to be modified for someone else's idea of ease... if I like Nabisco's DooDads they take them off the shelf.. and so on and so on.
Why take this feature away? It now take 3 extra strokes or taps to get to dial someone from that message list. :-\