Why does Android scroll way more than I wanted it too??

grote900

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
Hello! This is about to drive me insane! I've looked over the Heavens for an answer. Okay, this phone is a Alcatel Raven with Android 7.1 through TracFone. I will explain my issue but first... I got also an Moto E4 that has almost exact specifications, so IDK why this would do it and Moto wouldn't! Anyways. This Alcatel scrolls further than I want. What I'll do is go to Facebook or chrome for example, take my finger and scroll up a little with finger their the whole time. Then I'll go up a little more but this time let go while doing so. Well, doing this makes my screen scroll wayyyy more than I told it to do with my finger. I have no problem like this on m Moto doing the same exact thing. So, it doesn't stick or stutter, it just scrolls more than I am telling it to do so. PLEASE HELP!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Removing your finger while swiping up is the sign that you want a large upward scroll - so it's working exactly the way it's designed to. My Samsungs do that, my Pixel does that, all Android phones do it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say if this is how the system intended the scrolling action, or if it's scrolling an abnormal amount after you release your finger. It'd be ideal to see a video of it happening, so if you can, try taking a video of what you're seeing and post it to YouTube or some place similar, then share the link with us.

In the meantime, see if the same thing happens in Safe Mode, in case some app you installed is causing this issue: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/120286/p/30,6720,10216

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance