Why is my tablet giving me poor Wi-Fi signal every few seconds?!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello everyone.

I recently (a few days ago) purchased a Nextbook Ares 11A Gen 2 from my uncle who had only used the device a handful of times.

The tablet was wiped clean when he handed it over to me, and all I wanted it for in the first place was to play Clash of Clans on (due to the simplicity of playing on a screen larger than a Galaxy S7).

I turned auto updates off, cleared the caches, even factory reset the device again assuming there was something missed.

I can open Clash of Clans, or Clash Royale (the only 2 apps on the device) but Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, and even sometimes my browser (seldom) however, gives me about 5 or 6 seconds of comfortable playing time before the annoying orange (poor) Wi-Fi signal pops up and everything goes south.

However, I know it is not the Wi-Fi (directed from the router itself) because I can play either game with no problem whatsoever on my Samsung Galaxy S7, and both devices are Wi-Fi dependant devices (No cellular service activated)

I contacted Supercell (the developers of Clash of Clans and Clash Royale) to see if Android 5.0.1 (the Nextbook's current version) was even supported through Clash of Clans, and it is. Anything over 4.3.1 is supported.

I've virtually tried doing every type of research I could think of and I still can't solve this pesky issue. Please help!