I have an LG X Power and this week I started receiving full screen and bubble pop ups from a variety of legit companies like quick books, sales force and a few others. I've deleted all apps that I've downloaded in last month, pop ups are off in chrome and ad blocker is on. I've cleared cache. The android virus detector (can't recall name is running and says I'm not infected. I've even called quick books and they say they have no record of it. Ideas. Very annoying.
    drdachel likes this.
    04-06-2018 08:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you probably installed some adware alongside some other app at some point. You may have to keep uninstalling apps, or just do a factory reset and set the phone up as if it were brand new (i.e., don't restore an old backup). Then install apps slowly, one by one, watching to see if those ads come back.
    04-06-2018 12:15 PM
    that's what I was afraid of. The odd thing is that they just started and I only added a few apps recently. Is there no app that can find the culprit?
    04-06-2018 12:23 PM
    Free apps are often supported by popup ads. (You get rid of them by paying for the app.) Just one app that went a little overboard (and runs in the background) can fill your phone with adds 24/7.
    04-06-2018 12:47 PM