Any advice on how I can stop this or undo the update...? The last messenger update now puts "sponsored ads" on my samsung s6 home screen and it's driving me crazy!!!
    04-07-2018 09:32 PM
    Any advice on how I can stop this or undo the update...? The last messenger update now puts "sponsored ads" on my samsung s6 home screen and it's driving me crazy!!!
    Which Messenger is this? Facebook? Google?
    04-07-2018 09:34 PM
    Sorry bud. It's facebook messenger. I just did the update last week and now everytime 5go to access my phone, I have to delete the ad first.... really annoying
    04-08-2018 01:48 AM
    Sorry bud. It's facebook messenger. I just did the update last week and now everytime 5go to access my phone, I have to delete the ad first.... really annoying
    How do you know its Facebook Messenger? I have the latest update and I have no ads whatsoever like you describe.
    04-08-2018 02:07 AM
    When I hit the button on bottom left of screen that brings up all active apps it has the face book meesenger logo and just says sponsored at the top...? But I might go through and check the last couple of apps.
    04-08-2018 03:03 AM
    Facebook is known to experiment with various "features" on only certain accounts, so it's certainly possible that this is a (very annoying) test run that other users won't encounter.
    04-08-2018 01:03 PM
    I also have this stupid sponsored ad keep popping up on my phone...

I deleted facebook and I deleted messemger yet they keep appearing, someone have a solution for this?
    05-21-2018 01:55 PM
    The exact same thing happens to me too, it's really annoying. I would be listening to music and it would stop the music to play the pop up ad. When I press the button to see what apps are open it would show the messenger logo, and it's be called "Sponsored"
    07-14-2018 04:45 PM
    The exact same thing happens to me too, it's really annoying. I would be listening to music and it would stop the music to play the pop up ad. When I press the button to see what apps are open it would show the messenger logo, and it's be called "Sponsored"

I also have a similar problem. I ended up deleting the messenger app yet the ads still pop disrupting me. Have any of you guys managed to fix the problem?
    07-30-2018 02:42 AM
    Hi, I had the same issue. A full page pop-up add. When I go to the overview of running apps, I can see that it has the Facebook messenger logo and says "Sponsored".
    SOLUTION:
    But here's the thing, it has nothing to do with the Messenger app! I found out it was from a voice recording app I recently installed. Check the Google play reviews of the apps you recently installed if there are complaints about full page adds you've found the culprit.
    08-01-2018 08:13 AM
    This kept happening to me too! I thought I had somehow received a virus. This has been happening on my ZTE, whether I'm on my home screen, listening to music, or I'm on any app. When I looked at my background apps it also had the messenger logo and said sponsored.

Much like you guys I deleted Messenger and Facebook much to no avail. It ended up being a video editing app I had recently downloaded!! Which, is a shame because it was a great app haha. Don't know why it ever said messenger..

But my advice would be to think about any apps you have recently downloaded and see if they are the culprit.
    08-12-2018 12:59 AM
    It was a compass I downloaded. Read the reviews before installing anything.
    11-19-2018 02:46 PM