• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

A voice orders me to update to Apus browser or my phone will slow right down

pmmg

Apr 9, 2018
Visit site
I had a user with this issue today. Every time they opened up Google Chrome on their android, they got a notice to update westmobile.bid and an annoying voice took over their experience.

I thought, initially, this was malware, but it turns out it was just a fake alert website that the phone was returning to as it was the last page viewed. To get rid of it, opened the tabs (on this phone there was a little square with a number in it), and picked another page. Than I closed all the pages, and cleared the history.

Westmobile.bid will not be back unless the user types it in by accident again, or accidentally repeats the steps that got them there in the first place.

If you change the last page viewed and clear the history and this does not go away, its probably malware. Find a malware scanner or reset the phone (backing things up first, of course).

My question is, why do so many people suck? Why do you have to have a business model which involves making a false alarm and annoying or scaring people over nothing? Stop sucking, and be someone your Mom would be proud of.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance