Hi,
    I have a nexus 7(2012) and i have factory reset my tablet, it asks for language, i put english, then it asks for wifi, i put the password in, then it says searching for updates, its been on a continuous loop for days on that screen now. I have tried factory resetting after that and doing whatever i can to fix this problem but none of it was the solution to my problem.
    If anybody sees this post, i hope u reply and give me a good answer and a solution.
    Thank u.
    04-10-2018 08:14 AM
    Try going into Settings/Apps, then choosing every Google app. Start with Google lay and Google Play Services - clear both the cache and the date for each. See if that clears the problem.

If not, go into each of the other Google apps and clear the cache and, if the particular app doesn't keep data that you want (like Google Play Music probably considers the music it can play as data and you don't want to lose that), clear the data also. One of them (I suspect it's going to be Play and Play services - they work together - will do it. [And no, clearing the data won't uninstall the apps you got from Play.])
    04-10-2018 03:20 PM