YouTube buffering extremely slow on android

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

This may have been answered in one way or another out there, but nothing that made sense for my situation.
YouTube is buffering very slow, i cant ever go beyond 480P, or it will stop to buffer every short period.
However, when i use my WiFi connection, YouTube is buffering just find.
But here is the thing. My cellular data connection is FASTER than my WiFi connection.
I often even share my internet connection to my PC, if i need to download big files.
Its on 4G LTE.
I used to experience this on my LG v10. My friend has the same phone and same problem, so i thought it was something with the phone. But now i have upgraded to Samsung s9+, and i still experience the same thing.

Im pretty sure its nothing to do with my network carrier, as i have switched over to another one and still experience the same thing.
Different phone, different carrier, YouTube still extremely slow.

How do i solve this? I cant watch YouTube on the go, unless its on low quality.
I would say im above average tech user, so whatever you suggest i can test.

I hope someone finds some time to help me solve this problem. It bothers me alot.
I live in Denmark, Copenhagen. Just incase its something area related, since i cant think of other things that would affect it.

My last speedtest gave me 72Mbps on cellular, and 15Mbps on WiFi in the garden, but still WiFi is better for YouTube somehow..

stefan wille

May 16, 2018
Visit site
Funny enough I have the exact same issue as you, also in Denmark, Roskilde.
3 different phones, 2 different carriers and anything above 480p can't stream, but on the WiFi(7.2ish) no problems at all.
Testmy.net says 25ish. As shown.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180516-191825.jpg
    Screenshot_20180516-191825.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol