Once I clear notifications the count disappears.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My Samsung s8 plus just updated (oreo I think), now the email and text notifications are appearing at the top of the screen, which is annoying enough, but once I clear them the count disappears on the icon. I've researched and tried everything I've read, rebooting, clearing cache.... I haven't done a hard reset but went bother, when I'm thinking Samsung planned this. Bad idea! The reason I got rid of the google pixel was because of the losusy messaging apps. Alot of nerve adding these functions to an incredibly expensive product, that just annoy and frustrate people. I'm still not over the lousy swipe texting created after an update on my s7. I'm done with Samsung.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The count/badge on the icon is based on the notification shade, which is exactly the way it works on the Pixel 2 devices. It seems Samsung decided not to reinvent the wheel on this feature when they developed the Samsung version of the Oreo update.

The most likely option to restore that functionality is to install Nova Prime with the Tesla Unread plugin.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You do, if course, understand that installing another app (at my cost) is NOT a fix right?

Then I suggest you complain to Samsung about the change in this functionality. This is not Google's fault as this level of functionality was actually an ADDITION in the core OS that Samsung just decided to utilize rather than reinventing the wheel (so to speak).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza