I want a phone just to listen to Spotify. But I also want the phone to last before updates make it unusable.

Have a 4gb Moto E that's good but now no memory left, even with core apps such as Google hangout disabld So it keeps freezing and I get messages there's not enough memory to download updates. Music is cached to my SD card.

Budget of up to £100 new or used.

Huawei Y6 and Moto G4 have been suggested. Any other thoughts? And would paying extra for 32gb memory prolong usable life of the phone? Thanks.
    04-14-2018 08:43 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The key thing here is to get a phone with enough Internal Storage -- it doesn't matter if you get an SD card, because SD cards are primarily useful for storing media files like photos, videos, and music, rather than for installing apps. It's true that some phones can format an SD card to expand the phone's Internal Storage, but this can be notoriously unreliable, and could potentially lead to unexpected data loss, so I wouldn't recommend it.

If you want the phone to be relatively future-proof, I'd look for a phone with 32 GB of Internal Storage at the very least. 16 GB is too little these days (and remember, after accounting for the OS and for any bloatware you can't get rid of, the user-available storage ends up being more like 10-11 GB).
    04-14-2018 07:00 PM