Wifi Only Issue with Facebook, Pintrest, and other Apps.

TransAm461

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a Samsung verizon Note 4, running on the newest operating system, and newest version of Facebook and Pintrest, all apps are updated with the newest. My girlfriend has a Samsung verizon J7 V everything is up to date on hers as well, and both of us have this problem. We have uninstalled, and reinstalled the apps, cleared cache, rebooted, nothing helps.

Our problem is, when using such apps as Facebook and Pintrest, while scrolling, the screen will just automatically black out or blink, just for a split second, and when it comes back on, the app is back at the beginning of the news feed. It makes it and almost impossible, and very frustrating trying to scroll and read, or watch video. The Youtube app does it as well... but Facebook and Pintrest seems to be the worst. You can use a Web browser all day long and it doesn't do it, only with Apps. Also, it will only do it on our HOME WiFi, it does not have the issue on other WiFi's. It also doesn't have the issue when on 4G Mobile Data, everthing works fine, it is only with our HOME WiFi, which we have to use, because of no mobile cell service at our location where we live, until about 10 miles down the road. This leads me to believe that it is a setting in our Router causing it. We have HughesNet satellite Internet, along with their HT2000 Modem/Router combo, but I turned off all of the WiFi radio's in it, and bought a Asus RT-AC68R Router, and using it for our WIFI, and just using the HT2000 as a modem only. I also turned the Wifi radio's back on in the HT2000 just for testing, and connected our phones to it's WiFi, and it still does the same. Anyone have an idea what might cause the issue we are having? Thanks

Brian

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't notice one thing in your original post - "satellite". The latency of most satellite systems is horrible, and that would account for the problems you're having. Do a speed test with the Ookla app and if the ping time gets near 3 digits, you're going to have problems. (Most satellite internet systems are out around 300ms, which is absolutely useless.)

TransAm461

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded Ookla, and did a speed test, and I would say that may be the problem by looking at the attachment I provided below... I personally can't stand HughesNet anyway Lol, but unfortunately, it is the only thing available right now where we are located They are suppose to be putting in SunSet Fiber Optic, but they say it's going to be awhile, so I guess we will just have to deal with it... Lol

Thank You for the help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-04-16-15-30-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-04-16-15-30-58.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance