how do i delete Picasa auto back up with out loosing my photos?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

i didnt download this app it just showed up and started eatin up my photo files 553 of my photos so far and denies me access to my photos on my own device. i dosnt leave the file in gallery like i think it should. i want the dam thing off my device and my photos back where they belong. thank you!!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume you have a Samsung phone. Picasa simply represents photos that have been backed up to your Google Photos in the cloud. When those backed up photos are displayed in your Samsung Gallery app, they have a little Picasa icon associated with them to signify that they're cloud photos. Those photos shouldn't be taking up significant space, since the actual photos are saved to the cloud -- the gallery app is only displaying the photos temporarily, unless you select the option to download them physically to the phone.

What do you mean it denies you access to the photos on your own device? Do you mean you can't seem to delete the photos using the Samsung Gallery app? If so, it's because those photos aren't actually on your phone -- they're in the cloud. The Gallery app usually can't delete photos in the cloud. You can use the Google Photos app, or go to photos.google.com on your computer browser and delete the photos there. But you probably have no need to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463